I dare you to click xD

Thursday, December 4, 2008

No More or Just Too Much?

Ecclesiastes 1:2-9, 14 (NLT Version)

8 Everything is weary and tiresome! No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear, we are not content.

No more free WAP for me!!!

I once enjoyed free service of internet services with my phone (WAP), free usage of sms. Didn’t have to pay at all. Signed into MSN and chat, for free!!! Download ringtones and wallpapers and themes for myself and my friends, for free!!! View my blog and others’ blog, for free!!!

Now no more free service of internet services with my phone. No more free MSN. No more free ringtones and wallpapers and themes for myself and my friends. No more viewing my blog and others’ blog with my phone. No more!!!
As for today’s quiet time, I read Ecclesiastes 1:2-9, 14. Solomon saw the futility of seeking satisfaction in people and things. Despite amassing wealth and knowledge, completing great projects, and marrying many wives, he said, “ All is vanity and grasping for the wind.” (Eccl.1:14)

Well, I should be satisfied, shouldn’t I? After enjoying these blessings for so long, approximately 2 months if I’m not mistaken. Should be more than enough for me. Really have to be thankful that DiGi doesn’t ask me to pay for those free services that I used in the past 2 months.

Why does chasing transitory things leave us unfulfilled? The biblical answer is that we were created to find our ultimate fulfillment in God. Jesus promised, “ I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it abundantly.”

People and things come and go. But the spiritual satisfaction Christ offers sustains us in the world and will endure into eternity.

Maybe the fact is I should cut down on internet… be really sad,Enwei...

No comments: